March 19 2020
To our valued customers:
Koch & White has served the greater Washtenaw County area for more than 85 years. Never before have we seen such unique times. We are constantly monitoring the global pandemic virus outbreak known as COVID-19 and want you to know the steps we’ve taken to address these concerns. Since our service technicians and installing technicians are entering your homes and workplaces it’s imperative that we all take precautions in the way we live and work.
Aligning with CDC recommendations first and foremost, all Koch & White employees will stay home if they or a family member is sick or has been exposed to someone who is. We also recommend employees take the following steps:
- Maintain a 6 or more-foot distance from others while working. Both in the office as well as in the field.
- No physical contact including hugging or hand-shakes
- Limit or eliminate touching their face
- Frequent hand washing (a minimum of 20 seconds) or hand sanitizing with approved hand sanitizer if hand washing is not an option
- Keeping work equipment clean (disinfecting wipes or sprays)
- Gloves and masks worn as needed or appropriate
We understand these times are trying for all of us. And if we work together and communicate with each other we will all be better off. During this pandemic, Koch & White will be asking a few questions of their customers when scheduling appointments such as:
- Is anyone at your home currently showing flu-like symptoms?
- Is anyone currently running a fever?
- Has anyone at your address been around or come into contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19. We may need to reschedule your appointment
We also ask that if you have an appointment scheduled and you or a family member is sick to please let our office know so that we may find a more suitable appointment time for you. You may also call the office to pay your invoice over the phone instead of paying in person to limit interactions between the technician and homeowner.
Currently our office will be closed to walk-in customers. If you need to make an appointment or order a part please call the office at 734-663-0204 and someone can assist you in the appropriate way to do this. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this ever-changing situation.
We will be monitoring this closely and following recommendations from our state and local authorities as well as the CDC. As the situation changes, we may update our policies accordingly. Thank you for trusting Koch & White as your HVAC provided and working with us to make it through a stressful time for all. Safety is our number one priority for all.
Koch & White Heating and Cooling